Abeyta Photography

22 May 2011

Doheny Blues Fest 2011 Was Wonderful

Ok, i have been offline for a long time. I have been working on my photography and getting my canvas products prepared. However, I most of the work done on the store front and production so I am going to take the time to start posting in the blog again. And now that I am ready to start posting, what a great topic to write about . . . the 2011 Doheny Blues Fest.


What a great event this is. My first year was last 2010 and since then I am officially hooked. If you love the Blues, this is the event to attend in Southern California.


There are three stages at Doheny, and Omega Events (who puts on the fest) did a fantastic job of coordinating everything. The staff, flow of people, organization of the footprint, and even managing the schedule of the talent.


There are three stages at the festival: Doheny Main Stage, Sailor Jerry Stage, and the Backporch Stage. Each stage has rotating acts according to a tight schedule. During our visit, all acts seemed to stop and start on time. The visitors could move freely from one act to the next and know that the artists were keeping their schedules.


20110521 Doheny Blues Festival-39 (web) 
This is the Sailor Jerry Stage with the Funky Meters playing.


The bands we heard and saw play were 1) Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Express 2) BB & the Blues Shack 3) Lee Rocker 4) Funky Meters  and a 5) few artists for the EXPERIENCE HENDRIX Tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment