Abeyta Photography

17 May 2013

Sunset Market in Oceanside, CA

If you like farmer's markets and you are ever in the North San Diego County (Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, San Marcos, San Clemente, etc), then you need to spend some time and visit Oceanside's Sunset Market on Thursday evenings (http://www.sunsetmarketoceanside.com/).  Sunset Market on Google Maps

It started out as a small gathering of vendors several years ago, and as all successful things do, has grown into quite the event.  I honestly haven't there in two years, but yesterday the weather was wonderful and I wanted to get some fresh produce so we headed out.

The market has grown from just 1/2 a block to four full blocks of local artists, food vendors, and musicians.


20130516 Sunset Market - web-2

This particular night, there were three bands playing by 6pm.  Lightning Train was on the main stage throwing  out older classic country songs


20130516 Sunset Market - web-3


This particular night, my son had some delicious meat pies that reminded me of my grandma's chicken pot pies.  My wife had a delicious Thai rice / chicken / coconut milk dish from the Thai Chef.  Me?  I had a delicious Gyro from Arsalan's Greek.

I purchased a few GIGANTIC lemons from one of the produce vendors at 3 for a $1.  One of these lemons is twice the size of those found in my local grocery store and 60% of the cost.  Good Value!  They also had ripe avocados, fresh cucumbers, and lots of great looking asparagus.

20130516 Sunset Market - web

If you are interested in selling your own art, food, or product, check this place out. http://www.sunsetmarketoceanside.com/VENDORS/VENDORS.html

We left before the sun had gone down but the streets were getting busy.  What a nice way to end the day after a hard day's work.  My suggestion is just get out, support our local talent, enjoy a great mix of delicious food and spend some time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment