Abeyta Photography

15 September 2010

Music & Music Makers

David Sanborn at Anthology
David Sanborn at Anthology

Ever since I started working at Eli's Records in Phoenix, I was exposed to more variations of music that i could have known existed. My store manager started pulling music for me to expand my mind. David Sanborn was one of the vinyl albums that got pulled.

Ever since that time in 1983, David Sanborn has been my all time favorite Saxaphonist. I had the honor of grabbing one of his performances at Anthology in Little Italy, San Diego. This was the first time i was able to hear him live.

His performance exceeded my expectations.

I was able to capture this shot (although no cameras were allowed) through a reflection in the mirror of his trio. I wish i had my better camera because this shot could have been magic, but, considering the point and shoot pentax, i am very happy with this.

Thanks Anthology and Mr Sanborn!

Ah, you will notice that although this was a reflection, you can read Anthology . . . i took the liberty of flipping this shot horizontally.

Guitar at the Tropicana

This guitarist was part of a mariachi at the Tropicana hotel in San Jose del Cabo, BCS Mexico. The food was great and the room authentic looking - although i know they had just gone through a refurb.

20100411 Italy - 631

20100410 Italy - 912

Choir Performance - What a treat!

This is the Chapel Choir of Worksop College. Led by the Asst Director of Music, Timothy Uglow, the Cappella del Pazzi was filled with beautiful music on 6 April 2010. As we walked through the garden, i was just in time to get the flyer for the upcoming performance. It was rich and beautiful. A wonderful treat.
Basilica di Santa Croce. Final resting place of Michelangelo. 


20100406 Italy - 275

20091101 20091101 Giocoletti Band_flkr - 10

Most of the grunge band that practiced every Thursday night. The gal, don't remember her name, had a fantastic voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment